Business and Hospitality
Our Business and Hospitality section is well resourced and offers a range of courses including work-based SVQ awards in Business and Administration and Management. Professional cookery courses are work-based qualifications designed for chefs who would like to build on their skills and knowledge. Lecturing staff provide a high level of first-line guidance and support to all learners.
Why study Business, Hospitality or Events at Shetland College UHI?
- Keep your academic and career opportunities open and learn a range of theory and practical skills in the business discipline
- The content of each business course is very much related to the world of work
- Hospitality courses are developed to match the skills industry requires
- An opportunity to gain additional cookery skills at Flavour of Shetland, the Shetland Food Festival and other events
- Visits to trade exhibitions and hospitality facilities locally and on the mainland
- A wide variety of career opportunities in a growing sector with good promotional prospects
Click here to see what courses are available at Shetland College.
- A brand new training kitchen at the Gremista campus
- A variety of specialist small equipment is available for preparing items such as ice cream, pastry goods and chocolate ribbons