We offer a variety of 'essential skills' classes, which have been designed to improve your self-confidence and give you the qualifications you need to progress in education or gain employment.
Why study Community Learning at Shetland College UHI?
- Skilled and supportive tutors
- Improve your written English skills
- Study part time and fit learning around your work and family commitments
- Good way to meet people
- Achieve qualifications to add to your CV and help develop your career
- Many courses are free
Contact Andrew Anderson
t: 01595 771242
- ESOL students can borrow digital recorders to help them practise spoken English
Learning Centre Courses
There is a wide variety of courses available at the learning centres, ranging from SCQF levels 3 - 8. We have learning centres in Lerwick, Brae, Mossbank, Unst, Yell and Whalsay. You have the opportunity to attend courses, study individual unts or PDA group awards.