Our Construction Section provides vocational training opportunities for students interested in working in Shetland’s construction industry. We have a local training centre at our Gremista campus kitted out with modern, well-equipped workshops that enable you to develop your skills and knowledge in the best environment.
Why study Construction at Shetland College UHI?
- Opportunity to enhance specialist knowledge
- Share experiences with other learners
- Enhanced employability
- Funded placements on SVQ courses
- Excellent progression routes
- ConstructionSkills approved carpentry and joinery courses
Click here to see what courses are available at Shetland College.
- Large fully-equipped carpentry and joinery workshop
- AutoCAD 2011 software suite
- Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) router
We incorporate real life experiences into our courses, wherever possible, and these can include visits to local and national sites/exhibitions. Examples include Belmont House in Unst, Velux Training Academy and the National Building Show.
Our construction courses are recognised by the industry training body ConstructionSkills, through which a wide range of options for work placements and funded college places are available.