This half day course gives delegates the underpinning knowledge they need to use abrasive wheels safely. It compliments practical training provided by the workplace. If you use abrasive wheels at work it is a legal requirement that you receive appropriate training by a competent person. Under Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) those involved in the use of abrasive wheels must be properly trained.
- Hazards and risk of using wheels and the precautions
- Marking wheels
- Storing and handling wheels
- Testing and inspecting wheels
- The functions of components used with wheels
- Assembling wheels correctly
- Dressing wheels
- Adjustments of work rests
- Use of PPE
- Training Records
This course is suitable for anyone who uses abrasive wheels as part of their work role. It is recommended this training is refreshed every three years.