This half day course gives delegates an increased awareness of the hazards of asbestos. It discusses the problems relating to asbestos-bearing materials and gives participants an appreciation of the relevant legislation. The course also emphasises the health risks posed by asbestos and outlines the methods used to identify, remove and replace it under controlled conditions.
- Identifying types of asbestos and their properties
- Health risks associated with asbestos
- Common places where asbestos is found in buildings
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Implementing and managing controls for asbestos
- Requirements of Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations
This course is suitable for those in the construction industry who may come into contact with asbestos in a work situation and require a basic awareness