Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Train Shetland is a Highfield approved centre and offer industry-recognised qualifications that will enhance your career prospects. Highfield is the leading provider of regulated compliance qualifications in the UK, certificating 350,000 learners a year.
The Highfield Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support and Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator is a 1/2 day course. This qualification is designed to allow learners to develop their knowledge and skills in basic life support to meet the needs of their role in work or another setting.
- the roles and responsibilities
- assessing the scene of an accident and the casualty
- managing an unresponsive casualty
- CPR and AED
- dealing with a casualty who shows signs of life
- effectively handing over the casualty