This half day course gives delegates knowledge of the health risks surrounding work with hazardous substances and the risks and controls involved. It explains what to expect from COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) assessments and ensures that delegates understand how to work safely with hazardous substances.
- Principles of 'Control of Substances Hazardous to Health' Regulations
- What is a "substance hazardous to health"?
- How hazardous substances can cause ill health
- Control measures for handling hazardous substances
- COSHH safety signs
- Safety data sheets
- COSHH risk assessments and what to expect
This course is for all staff who use hazardous substances at work.