Emergency Paediatric First Aid
Train Shetland is a Highfield approved centre and offer industry-recognised qualifications that will enhance your career prospects. Highfield is the leading provider of regulated compliance qualifications in the UK, certificating 350,000 learners a year.
The Emergency Paediatric First Aid is a one day course and valid for three years. This qualification is designed for individuals wishing to gain the knowledge and skills required to enable them to provide effective emergency paediatric first aid. It is ideal for pre-school or nursery staff, toddler group volunteers and childminders. It is also suitable for parents, relatives and foster carers.
- the roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first-aider
- assessing an emergency situation safely
- CPR and AED
- administering first aid to a choking infant or child
- putting a casualty in the recovery position
- dealing with shock, bleeds, bites, stings and minor injuries