Manual Handling - Lifting Objects
This course is intended as an introduction to moving and handling activities for employees who need specific training in manual handling of objects. It is also a suitable qualification for refresher training. Learners gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognise its importance in ensuring a safer working environment. This course will inform about best practice in manual handling and the correct way to lift objects safely. Participants will be made aware of how to use lifting aids correctly and when to ask for assistance, so that participants can employ safe manual handling practices in their work area, without risk of injury.
- The background of Manual Handling
- Legislation - responsibilities of employers and employees in law
- How to lift and carry objects to minimise strain
- Anatomy and injuries
- Examples of injuries due to poor manual handling
- Responsibilities of employers and employees under the law
This course is for anyone whose job involves lifting.
9 March 2021 - Gremista, Lerwick