Our commitment to continuous quality improvement is integral to our Mission Statement and Values.
As a means of measuring this commitment, the College follows the criteria of the self-evaluation quality framework of Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Education (HMIE). You can download our policies and action plans on this page.
- Gender Action Plan
- Access and Inclusion Strategy (v1)
- Shetland Outcomes and Mainstreaming 2017
- Shetland's Equalities Mainstreaming Report and Equality Outcomes 2013-2017
- Equality Learner Data Analysis Report 2013-2017
- Fees policy
Shetland College UHI - Corporate Parenting
The Scottish Care Leavers Covenant is a bold step to make the changes needed to give care leavers the bright and better future they deserve. While the educational outcomes for looked after young people are improving, as are their prospects of progressing to further and higher education, there is still a long way to go to close the attainment gap that exists between them and their peers. By endorsing the principles of the Covenant and putting the actions outlined in the Agenda for Change at the heart of our Corporate Parenting Plan, as corporate parents we will be better able to fulfil our duties and realise our ambitions for our care leavers. By endorsing the Covenant, Shetland College, UHI is proud to demonstrate our commitment to Scotland’s looked after young people and care leavers
- Corporate parenting plan
- Corporate Parenting Plan Progress Update March 2018 DRAFT v1 - Draft March 2018
Shetland College UHI FE Performance Indicators
- FE Performance Indicators 2015/16 - Shetland College UHI
- FE Performance Indicators 2015/16 - University of the Highlands and Islands