What is special about this course?
The aim of this award is to provide the opportunity to gain a worthwhile, recognised qualification which offers you the knowledge and skills you require to be an effective Education Support Assistant.
Whether you are already employed working with children and young people, or you have always wanted to support children and young people in an educational setting, this award will prepare you for the tasks ahead.
National 5 English or equivalent.
You must have employment in an educational setting, or be willing to undertake a work placement.
All applicants will be interviewed.
- Supporting the Development of Children and Young People from Birth to Eighteen Years
- Supporting the Behaviour of Children and Young People
- Supporting Children and Young People in an Education Setting
- Supporting Children and Young People who require Additional Support for Learning
- Professional Practice in an Educational Setting
- Supporting Information Communication Technology (ICT) in an Educational Setting
- Play in Early Education and Childcare
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
Weekly twilight tutorials and self-directed online learning.
How long will my course last?
Part-time. Weekly twilight tutorials during the course of the year, supported by online learning.
Where can I study my course?
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
Your employer may cover the cost of your PDA.
For more information see the funding page.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Academic: HNC Early Education and Childcare.
Employment/career: Education support assistant roles.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.