NQ Health & Wellbeing SCQF Level 5
What is special about this course?
This NQ will be an entry level award at SCQF level 5 with a variety of progression pathways, including Access to Nursing, Access to Social Work, NC Early Education & Childcare, Health & Beauty, Social Science and individual tailored health and social care related programmes at access level. Core skills are central to the award, supporting progression to SCQF level 6 study. This course will provide underpinning knowledge for entry into careers in a variety of health, wellbeing and care related areas.
- The course has an interesting and varied range of modules which includes psychology, early learning, health eating and human development.
- There is an additional group award in Mental Health and Wellbeing.
- Core skills are central to this NQ and it provides progression to the next level of study.
- The course has the ability to be a stepping stone to other areas of study and is a good foundation to build up your academic skills and experience
- The course is a good introduction to the sector if you are thinking of changing career paths
4 National 4 passes, one of which must be English
- Care: Human Development and Behaviour
- Care: Social Influences
- Care: Values and Principles
- Working in Early Learning and Childcare
- Families in Modern Society
- Healthy Eating in a Care Setting
- Psychology: Social Behaviour
- Children & Young People and the Process of Play
- Working with Individuals with Additional Support Needs
- Crime Scenes
- Shampooing, Conditioning and Scalp Massage
- Understanding Mental Health Issues
- Influences on Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Coping Strategies and Building Resilience
- Health Sector: Working in the Health Sector - Scotland
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
- Part Time
Face to face drawing on the virtual learning environment
- Full time: 1 year
- Part time (structured): 2 years
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Lerwick Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Successful completion of this course may lead to progression onto a SCQF level 6 course such as Health & Social Care L6; Access to Nursing; Access to Social Work, NC Social Sciences, NC Early Learning & Childcare, Modern Apprenticeship: Social Services and Healthcare (Adults). Throughout this course you will develop important skills in literacy and numeracy, in preparation for further study or employment.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for NQ Health & Wellbeing SCQF Level 5
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Shetland UHI UHI. Shetland UHI operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.