NPA Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
The NPA Social Services and Healthcare will provide the opportunity for candidates to develop the skills, knowledge and values that will allow them to make steps towards a career within adult social services. The NPA will Enable candidates to:
• Develop their understanding of the values which underpin work in social service settings.
• Enable candidates to understand how the National Care Standards and the SSSC Codes of Practice should inform social services practice.
• Enable candidates to develop their understanding of current law, policy, procedures and good practice.
This course would be suitable for those who are interested in working in a variety of care related professions.
Communications at SCQF Level 5 or equivalent
This award is comprised of 5 units:
• Social Services in Scotland
• Communication in Care Relationships
• Safeguarding People
• Safe practice and wellbeing in social services
• Human development and social influences
How will I study my course?
- Day release
Blended learning – face to face weekly classes with online/virtual learning elements
You will gain knowledge and understanding as well as practical skills.
5 units – each will have a written assessment
How long will my course last?
How will I be assessed?
You will do a mixture of work based assignments, reports, and written assignments.
Where can I study my course?
- Lerwick Campus
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Successfully completing the NPA opens up several pathways such as:
- Further study at SCQF level 6 in social care, nursing or social work
- Students may elect to follow other pathways into the social services workforce
- Variety of health & care related jobs
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for NPA Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 6
We are no longer accepting applications for 2021/22
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Shetland UHI UHI. Shetland UHI operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.