What is special about this course?
The SCQF Level 11 SVQ in Management is an internationally recognised qualification aimed at practising managers who have responsibility for substantial programmes and resources, and who may be able to influence the strategic development of the organisation.
This is a work-based qualification which allows you to gain recognition for your on-the-job work experience and skills.
- Flexible learning arrangements
- Jointly awarded with the Chartered Institute of Management (CMI)
- Widely recognised and valued by employers in both the public and private sector
- An opportunity to receive recognition for accumulated skills and experience
- The chance to tailor a qualification to fit the job role – by choosing appropriate optional units
- No formal entry qualifications. Applicants will be considered on an individual basis
- Essential requirement is that the you are working as a manager at a strategic level.
Year 1 - SVQ 5
Core modules are:
- Lead Your Organisation
- Identify and Evaluate Opportunities for Innovation and Improvement
- Manage Continuous Improvement
You will also choose four option units from a range of option modules to suit your current job requirements and career aspirations. Areas include human resource and change management, promoting equality and inclusion, marketing, quality assurance, finance and resource management, operational and business process planning and personal development and networking.
How will I study my course?
- Part Time (structured)
- This is a work-based qualification. You will have an assessor who will carry out workplace observations. You will also attend regular meetings with your assessor either in college or at your workplace.
- You will build an e-portfolio using the online platform 'Learning Assistant', and will be in regular communication with your assessor by email and through the online platform.
How long will my course last?
- Part Time (structured): 12-18 months
Where can I study my course?
- Shetland College UHI
- Flexible start dates
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
Funding can be available for candidates aged 16-19 who are in full time employment from Skills Development Scotland. Further information on application.
You may be eligible for an ILA Scotland (Individual Learning Account), which can help cover this cost. Please apply as soon as possible to ensure your ILA Scotland funding is through in time to start the course.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant UHI partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once you have successfully completed this course, you might like to consider careers in a wide range of strategic management roles in the public and private sector.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.