Shetland College Merger
Shetland Colleges: SIC Merger Implementation
This section of our website is for anyone, especially staff, students and training service users, who would like to find out more about the implementation of the merger of Shetland College UHI (including Train Shetland) and NAFC Marine Centre UHI.
Considerable efforts have been made in recent years, to determine the future of the sector in Shetland, specifically with regard to governance and financial sustainability.
Phase one of this project concluded successfully in December 2018, when the Council and the Shetland Fisheries Training Centre Trust both confirmed their intentions to merge the colleges into one single new entity.
It’s really important for us to try and keep you as up to date as we can but also to provide communication updates in a lot of different ways. This is also about giving everyone a chance to have their say – if they want to. If you have comments, suggestions or queries then please get in touch
We will be posting updates regularly online:
- Updates - Project updates and news bulletins. We will also post information on drop-in sessions and meetings that we have scheduled. This will include notes from staff meetings.
- Comments - We value your feedback and we want you to share your ideas and thoughts with us.
- The project - Information on the project, the work streams and who is on the project team.
This website is an important way for us to make sure our communications are successful but we know there has to be more mechanisms which we use. We will be:
- Holding regular staff drop-in meetings and all staff meetings
- Supporting the next HISA Student Away Day
- Updates from the project board
- Development of a sector newsletter which we hope to launch in the summer
Do you have an idea on how we could improve communications with staff and students? Contact us and let us know.