Social Services and Healthcare (SCQF Level 6) Modern Apprenticeship
What is special about this course?
You must be currently employed in the health and social care sector in a support workers role and have been undertaking your current role for a minimum of six months.
You must be supported by your employer from the application stage.
We have three intakes a year and the course lasts 9 months.
You are assigned an assessor for the duration of your award. They support you in planning your reflective accounts and carry out the required work practice observations within your workplace with full permisions in place.
- Sponsored by your employer.
- 6 months experience within a relevant role.
- 4 National 5s or Standard Grades passes (or equivalent), one of which should be English if you do not have a Credit level pass or Higher/A level.
- Prospective students without the standard entry requirements are encouraged to apply and will be considered on an individual basis.
- There will be an information and interview session for intakes and currently there is a waiting list which you would join when successful.
You will be required to complete a total of 6 units - 4 Mandatory and 2 Optional Units.
- Promote Effective Communication
- Support the Health and Safety of Yourself and Individuals
- Develop Your Own Knowledge and Practice
- Support the Safeguarding of Individuals
2 Optional Units:
Agreed with your assessor on starting the award, based on your experience and current employment.
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
You are responsible for gathering and generating evidence using a variety of assessment methods to meet the requirement of the award from your working practice. You are guided through a study programme with a core text and additional study materials. Your Assessor supports you in the planning of your reflective accounts.
This course is work based with mandatory planning meetings arranged with your Assessor. There is currently no tutorial programme with this course.
How long will my course last?9 Months
Where can I study my course?
- Work Based
- Employers Premises
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
See the funding page.
What can I do on completion of my course?
For registration purposes the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) require the completion of all FOUR Mandatory units and TWO Optional units.
The progression route for each individual will depend on your job role and level of responsibility.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Social Services and Healthcare (SCQF Level 6) Modern Apprenticeship
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at UHI Shetland. UHI Shetland operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.