Computer Aided Draughting and Design PDA
What is special about this course?
This Professional Development Award in Computer Aided Draughting and Design (CADD) will provide you with the specialist knowledge and expertise to pursue a career in technical design.
It is a very practical course, available to study at Shetland College UHI, that will give you the CADD skills relevant to industry standard applications.
- You will be eligible for student AutoCAD package discount
- On completion of the course you can progress to the HNC CADD
- You will study part-time which means you can fit your studies around your work and family commitments
- You should have a good understanding of AutoCAD packages, preferably using them in a professional capacity
- Students who previously completed the Introduction to CAD class will also be considered
Year 1 - PDA
- CAD principles
- CAD 2D (i)
- CAD 2D (ii)
- CAD 3D
- CAD visualisation, rendering and presentation
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (unstructured)
- You will learn by way of face-to-face lectures and tutorials in the classroom, and practical exercises at Shetland College UHI
How long will my course last?
- Part-time: 2 years
Where can I study my course?
- Shetland College UHI
For information on costs of this course please contact the college where you wish to study.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On completion of the PDA Computer Aided Draughting and Design you will be qualified to work as a draughtsperson in building or engineering firms, or to set up your own business.
Can I progress into further study?
You can progress to the HNC Computer Aided Draughting and Design.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Computer Aided Draughting and Design PDA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.