What is special about this course?
If you're seeking to enter the world of management accounting or advance your current accounting position, this professional development award in Management Accounting will give you the skills and confidence you need.
You will study cost accounting and management accounting using standard accounting software packages.
- You will achieve a nationally-recognised award relevant to the workplace
- You can progress to HNC, HND and degree-level study
- You will receive a high standard of support from your college
- You will study part time, which means you can fit your studies around your personal and professional commitments
- Relevant work place experience
- NC in Business or equivalent
- Please contact your local campus for more information on entry requirements
Year 1 - PDA
Two mandatory units with 32 SCQF credit points:
- Cost accounting
- Management accounting using information technology
How will I study my course?
- Part-time attendance (structured)
- Part-time distance (Perth College UHI only)
- Part-time evening January start (Inverness College UHI)
You will study by way of face-to-face lectures and tutorials in the classroom
How long will my course last?
- Part-time: 1 year
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness College UHI - Subject to approval
- Moray College UHI
- Perth College UHI
- Shetland College UHI
Other start dates may be available in some locations. For information on options and how to apply for other start dates please contact the campus you wish to study with.
For information on costs of this course please contact the college at which you wish to study.
Students may be eligible to apply for a Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) Part-time Fee Grant to cover some of the tuition fee cost.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Former students have secured roles in management and business organisations.
Can I progress into further study?
On successful completion of the PDA Management Accounting, you may wish to consider other related PDAs or progression to the HNC Accounting.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.