Happy Pancake Day - Enjoy our Scotch Pancake Recipe!
Hospitality and Professional Cookery Lecturer Raymond Smith shares his Scotch Pancake recipe just in time for Pancake Day, or Shrove Tuesday. The recipe is also perfect for any lockdown baking!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Servings: 6 Pancakes approx. 10 cm.
- 120g self raising flour
- 2.5ml baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 20g caster sugar
- 1 egg medium
- 140ml milk
- Vegetable Oil to grease pan surface lightly. You can place oil on kitchen paper and wipe the surface of the pan after every pancake.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt & sugar into a large bowl.
- Whisk the milk & eggs together in a separate bowl with a fork and then gradually add to dry ingredients whilst mixing together.
- Lightly grease your frying pan with a little oil. Once hot, pour in a small amount of the batter.
- Pancakes are ready to flip once surface is covered in small bubbles.
- Using a spatula, carefully flip the pancakes, cook other side for 30 seconds or until a golden brown.
- Remove from the heat & enjoy.
Enjoy and of course you can put lashings of whatever you fancy on top!
Happy pancake day!