All staff have a duty of care to respond appropriately to any protection concerns relating to those we come into contact with.
- Staff are here to listen to any concerns that you have for yourself or a fellow student.
- Staff will not make assumptions about whether harm/abuse has taken place.
- Staff want to reassure you and will be sensitive to any anxieties you have. Staff cannot guarantee confidentiality.
- Staff will have to pass on information to the named College Safeguarder or appropriate contact and ensure that you are kept safe.
- Staff will record everything you tell them and will keep you informed of what happens at every step of the process.
Find out more about how we support students, including Care Experienced, Carers and Estranged Students.
The safeguarding lead at UHI Shetland is Michele Kerry, you can contact Michele on: firstname.lastname@example.org