ISIC 16 2022
Island Studies International Conference "Creativity, Ingenuity and Practice"
University of the Highlands and Islands, Shetland, Scotland June 22-25 2022
Call for Abstracts
Islands have long been centres of creativity, ingenuity, and innovation. This conference seeks to share knowledge of and celebrate facets of island creativity. We invite proposals for papers, panels, posters, roundtables and (creative) workshops that highlight the many ways island societies put their manifold creative skills into practice, from their distinct responses to political, environmental, economic and social challenges, to the development of island creative economies and the promotion of community well-being.
In line with this theme, we welcome submissions on the following topics:
- Creative Economy on Islands
- Experience of the Island-based Creative Practitioner
- Creative Entrepreneurship on Islands
- Creative Approaches to Island Political, Environmental, Economic and Social Challenges
- Creative Approaches to Sustainable Island Tourism
- Other themes relating to islands studies will also be considered
ISIC, the annual conference of the Small Island Cultures Research Initiative (SICRI), will be hosted by the Centre for Island Creativity (CIC).
You can read more about event Call ISIC 2022 Final
Abstracts open | NOW
Abstracts close | 15 November 2021
Acceptance notification | 15 December 2021
Early Bird Registration | 15 February 2022
Final Registration Date | 15 March 2022
Conference | 22 - 25 June 2022
Contact Dr Andrew Jennings on email@example.com to submit an abstract.