Coded Welding Certification
Shetland UHI offers coded welder certification accredited by TWI Certification Ltd.
Coded welder certification involves the assessment of an individual's ability to perform specific types of weld in specific materials to a recognised standard. This involves assessing both the procedure followed in carrying out the weld and the quality of the finished weld.
We can certify welds in:
- Stainless Steel
We can certify welds to the following standards:
- ISO 9606-1
- ASME IX
We can carry out certification assessments at customers' premises (subject to the availability of suitable facilities) or in our Scalloway Campus' own welding facility.
The cost of certification assessments depends on a number of factors and will include:
- Assessment: £350 per person per day.
- Issue of certificates: £150 per standard (or £230 for a dual ISO 9606-1 / ASME IX certificate).
- Dual certificates must be ordered before the certification test is carried out. Applications for a dual certificate after the test will require a new test to be undertaken with all costs involved.
- The customer will be responsible for supplying appropriately certified materials and consumables required for the assessment.
- Required testing of completed welds will be carried out by third-party companies and charged at cost.
Dates can be arranged to meet customers' requirements, subject to the availability of facilities and staff.
For further information or to discuss specific certification requirements and costs please contact email@example.com