Art at Shetland UHI will help you develop your artistic talent by teaching a range of contemporary art disciplines such as drawing, painting and sculpture.
Building on Shetland's rich design heritage we offer a quality Contemporary Textiles degree course with excellent knot, weave and print facilities in the Textile Facilitation Unit.
You can explore your creativity through the Centre for Island Creativity based at Shetland UHI.
- NC Art and Design Portfolio Course
- BA (Hons) Fine Art
- BA (Hons) Contemporary Textiles
- MA Art and Social Practice
- BA (Hons) Creative Writing in the Highlands and Islands
- MA Creativity, Leadership and Enterprise
- BA (Hons) Drama and Production
We offer a wide range of sound, film, and radio courses in partnership with Shetland Arts. Gain qualifications and skills all while exploring your creativity in these areas. Find out more about Shetland Arts.
- BA (Hons) Contemporary Film Making in the Highlands and Islands
- NC Creative Industries: Film
- BA (Hons) Applied Music
- NC Creative Industries: Music
- HNC Music
- MA Music and the Environment
Various Creative courses are available at different campuses around Shetland.
- Introduction to iPad photography
- iPad Photography: Image Editing and Advanced Image Editing
- iPad Video: Capture, Edit and Sharing
- Digital Photos: Still Images Acquisition
- Digital Photos: Still Images Editing
- Editing Digital Photos
- Movie Maker: make the most of photos and videos
See Community Learning for more course information.