Shetland UHI is committed to ensuring that the processing of personal data is only undertaken in the legitimate operation of our business.
We collects and use information (data) about staff, students and other individuals and bodies that we have contact with and aim to follow the 8 principles outlined within the Data Protection Act 2018. We will not sell your data to any 3rd party for marketing purposes.
Principles of the Data Protection Act 2018
Personal information must:
- be fairly and lawfully processed
- be processed for limited purposes
- be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- be accurate and up to date
- not be kept for longer than is necessary
- be processed in line with the date subjects’ rights
- be secure
- not be transferred to other countries without adequate protection
Shetland UHI is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office and a copy of our registration can be viewed at www.ico.org.uk.
Individuals have a right under the Act to make a request in writing for a copy of the information that an organisation holds about them on computer or in some manual filing systems. This is called a 'subject access request'.
If you wish to make a subject access request, we will need some information from you to confirm your identity and may ask you to complete the Subject Access Request form and apply in writing to:
You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01595 771000
You can view Shetland UHI Data Privacy Notices here: