Search & Nomination Committee
The Search and Nominations Committee has overall responsibility for reviewing the balance of skills and experience of non-executive members of the UHI Shetland Board of Management and the committees of the Board and for making recommendations to the Board in relation to the appointment of non-executive members.
- Davie Sandison - CHAIR (Chair, Board of Management)
- Simon Clarke - VICE-CHAIR (Chair, Finance and General Purpose Committee)
- Simon Clarke
- Simon Collins (Chair, Human Resources & Remuneration Committee)
- Lauren Doughton (Chair, Audit Committee)
- Jane Lewis
- Karen Hall (Chair, Learning, Teaching and Research Committee)
- Jane Lewis - Ex Officio (Principal)
- Ian McCormack
Dates of Meetings
Academic Year 2022-2023:
- 31st August 2022
- 8th February 2023
Committee Terms of Reference
The UHI Shetland Board of Management has established a committee known as the Search and Nominations Committee. The quorum for all meetings of the committee shall be three members who are entitled to vote.
The Committee may be attended, at the invitation of the Chair by members of the College's academic and support staff or by external advisers. The purpose of such an invitation will be to provide specialist information and advice to assist the Committee in its deliberations. Individuals attending on this basis may not vote on any decision made by the Committee.
Not less than five Board Members, including the Chair of the Board of Management and a Student Director.
The Chair and Vice Chair of the Board of Management, the Chairs of each of the Standing Committees of the Board, namely Audit, Human Resources & Remuneration, Learning, Teaching and Research and Finance and General Purposes.
The Vice Chair of each of the Standing Committees, may deputise in the absence of the Chair of that Committee.
Frequency of Meetings
Frequency of Meetings
The Committee shall meet only when required, and report to the Board.
The Committee has overall responsibility for reviewing the balance of skills and experience of non-executive members of the Board and committees of the Board and for making recommendations to the Board in relation to the appointment of non-executive members.
The Search and Nominations Committee shall:
- Consider the skills matrix of current Board Members to determine the skills and experience required of prospective members.
- For Board non-executive positions and in consultation with the Principal and Board Secretary, agree:
- A timetable for recruitment and selection process.
- The various forms of advertising to be used to ensure the College meets the College Sector Board appointment requirements and the requirements of the Public Sector Equality Duty.
- The key information to be included in the advertising material.
- Provide for the consideration of the Board, a list of names for members of Board Committees.
Transition Board Meeting Paper TB2020-22 - Search and Nominations Committee: Recommendations for Appointments (pdf). (18 Nov 2020).